New Day

HD-Wallpapers-Sunrise7

Peeping through the window pane

Sunrays give their soft caress

Colors like a candy cane

Seeking out some soul to bless

Sleepy fingers rub my eyes

Then brush silken sheets aside

Morning glow a glad surprise

Feet in slippers then to slide

Stretching as I haste outside

Drinking in the morning joy

Singing birds in trees abide

Fledglings in their nests so coy

Flowers unfold their petals bright

Basking in the sunrise warm

Glad to say goodbye to night

Singing bees begin their swarm

All creation wakes to smile

Glad to see another day

Singing praises without guile

Welcome all they seem to say

“© Copyright Ian Grice 2014 all rights reserved

NB: The above image belongs to http://www.onlinefreecomputers.com

1. Esther Norton says:

Great poem

Sent from my iPad

1. Thanks Esther. Seeing you on my page brings back happy memories of working together in the Philippines.

2. Madhu says:

Ah what a beautiful ode to a fresh new day Ian. Hope your tests turned out OK. Take care.

1. Thanks for visiting again. Just a couple more tests to go

3. stacilys says:

Beautiful Ian. I love the freshness of mornings. Especially when I’m in a place that is beautiful to the eye and not full of rush rush and business.
    Thanks for sharing=)
    Staci

1. I know what you mean. Much of my life has been spent on administration and business travel. Even on travel in order to keep up I carried with me business news and professional journals to scan and extract for a business journal I edited. However there was time to glance at the beauties of the Pacific Ocean way down there below the airplane and to sample some of the remaining beauty spots amid the urban sprawl when I reached my destination. Now I’m retired and enjoy my walks in the morning among lakes and birdlife. It sure beats administration!

1. stacilys says:

Ummmmmm, I’m jealous. I’d love to have have fresh morning walks. I remember once my husband I were giving a workshop in a city called ‘Ilheus’, which is in the North-east of Brazil. The house we were given to stay in was away from the hustle and bustle of the city and next to a river. Literally meters from the river. It was so nice and refreshing to be there, sleep there, wake up there, walk outside there. I loved it.
        It’s great that you are living in that reality after living so much time in the business and administration world.
        =)

2. There are beautiful places in Japan just as you have described NE Brazil. Rio has an overall beauty to it too.

4. Mags Corner says:

This sounds like a wonderful, beautiful day and also the beginning of spring. Perfectly written sweet Ian. Hope your tests bring good news my sweet friend. Hugs

5. Ian, glorious (Eric said it first but it is fitting). The poem made me want to run outside and lift my arms in gratitude.

1. Fortunately there are enough moments in life to make us feel that way.

6. borika45 says:

I felt as if I was there waking up to a new day. what a delicious feeling it was too.

1. Yes when you are well enough to go for that welcome morning walk and watch the sun coming up its a wonderful feeling indeed Barb.

And what a glorious new day, captured so eloquently, Ian.

Enjoy the great day ahead,
    Eric

1. Thank you Eric. I’m going through some tests so needed this positive poem to cheer me up this morning. lol

Hope that all goes well, Ian.

Peace,